Gan Inc. is providing every four year old access to life-changing opportunity-free, full-day, high-quality pre-k. Our Free Universal Prekindergarten starts at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 2:35p.m. Monday –Thursday, Friday is 8:00 a.m. -1:20 p.m. The UPK follows the Common Core and uses Work Sampling to access the growth of the children. The children will have a schedule that will be followed each and every day. The day will consist of breakfast, clean –up and then morning meeting. This will include a discussion among the children and the teacher regarding the subject and schedule of the day. Center time is a large portion of the day. The children choose which center they want to go to. This allows the children to have ownership of what they do. The teachers will also have small group lessons at this time.
The different centers teach so many things. They are actually learning and having wonderful conversations among their peers. This also builds self-esteem and working together to form friendships and teamwork. The children will also work on social skills and writing skills and pre-reading readiness.
- The Dramatic Play Center develops imaginative play and cooperation skills.
- Library or Listening Center develops language skills, enhances my ability to comprehend what they have either been read to or listened to a story on tape.
- Science Center make observations and makes generalizations about the properties of various objects.
- Manipulatives Develops classification skills, helps with completion of a task such as completing a puzzle.
- Block Corner To follow a mental plan, problem solving, and developing number concepts.
- Writing Center Eye hand coordination, organizational skills
- Art Center color recognition, developing self-concept
- Gross Motor Skills Learning to take turns, developing gross motor skills, testing balancing skills. All take pace in our state of the art indoor gym and outdoor playground.
All children of UPK are welcome to stay for our After School Program from 2:35 p.m.-6:00 p.m. and Friday from 1:20p.m. -3/4 p.m. All students must be registered in the office and all payments must be submitted in advance. Children will learn a second language (Hebrew), Jewish Alphabet and Jewish Holidays as well as Arts & Crafts and many different activities. Please check with the office for further information. 718-338-7575